Urdaneta Village is a private, gated community located in Makati City, one of the most affluent and upscale cities in the Philippines. It covers an area of approximately 50 hectares and is home to around 1,200 households. Ayala Avenue borders the village to the west, Gil Puyat Avenue to the south, and EDSA to the east.
Urdaneta Village is known for its lush greenery, tree-lined streets, and spacious homes that range from bungalows to modern high-rise condos. It is a sought-after residential area for both local and foreign expatriates who seek privacy, security, and exclusivity in the heart of Makati City.
The village has a well-maintained environment, with landscaped parks, playgrounds, and sports facilities that offer residents a serene and active lifestyle. Security measures are also top-notch, with 24/7 security personnel, CCTV cameras, and a gated entrance.
Urdaneta Village is also home to a diverse and vibrant community that hosts various activities and events throughout the year, from sports tournaments to cultural and social gatherings.
Overall, Urdaneta Village is a prime residential location in Makati City that offers its residents a luxurious and comfortable lifestyle.
Urdaneta Village was established in the late 1950s as a residential enclave for the families of American executives of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) based in the Philippines. The village was named after Lieutenant General Andres Urdaneta, a Filipino-Spanish navigator, and explorer who played a key role in Spain’s colonization of the Philippines in the 16th century.
In the 1960s, village ownership was transferred to the Philippines-based Ayala Corporation, which developed the area into a premier residential community in the heart of Makati City. Over the years, Urdaneta Village has become one of the most exclusive and prestigious residential areas in the Philippines.
Today, Urdaneta Village is still owned and managed by the Ayala Corporation, and it continues to be a prime location for luxury living in Makati City. Its residents are a mix of local and expatriate professionals, entrepreneurs, and families who value privacy, security, and exclusivity.
Urdaneta Village is located in the northern part of Makati City, Philippines. Ayala Avenue bounds it to the west, Gil Puyat Avenue (formerly Buendia Avenue) to the south, and EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) to the east. The Village is near major commercial and business districts such as the Makati Central Business District, Rockwell Center, and Bonifacio Global City.
The location of Urdaneta Village provides its residents with easy access to various amenities such as shopping centers, schools, hospitals, and transportation hubs, making it a prime location for luxury living in the heart of the city.
Urdaneta Village is surrounded by various landmarks and establishments catering to its residents’ needs. Here are some of the nearby landmarks and establishments:
- Ayala Triangle Gardens – a public park with a garden and outdoor artworks across the street from the village.
- Makati Central Business District (CBD) – a major business district that includes the Philippine Stock Exchange and the Ayala Center shopping mall just a few minutes from the village.
- Rockwell Center – a mixed-use development that features luxury residences, retail establishments, and office spaces, located a few kilometers away from the village.
- Makati Medical Center is a hospital that provides medical services to residents of Makati and neighboring areas, located a few minutes from the village.
- Glorietta and Greenbelt shopping malls – two of the most popular shopping centers in Makati, offering a wide variety of retail and dining options, located within the Ayala Center complex.
- Bonifacio Global City (BGC) – a major business and lifestyle district with high-end residential buildings, shopping malls, and recreational facilities located a few kilometers away from the village.
As a private, gated community, the population of Urdaneta Village is relatively small compared to other areas in Makati City.
According to the 2015 Census of Population conducted by the Philippine Statistics Authority, Urdaneta Village had a total population of 3,521 people. This includes permanent residents and non-residents working or owning businesses within the village. The village’s low population density is one reason it is considered an exclusive and upscale residential area.
Urdaneta Village is known for being an upscale residential area in Makati City, with a relatively affluent population. The socio-economic profile of Urdaneta Village residents can be described as follows:
- High-income earners – Most Urdaneta Village residents are high-income earners, with a significant portion belonging to the upper class.
- Educated professionals – Urdaneta Village residents are generally well-educated professionals, including businessmen, executives, diplomats, and expatriates.
- Multicultural community – The village is home to a diverse community of local and foreign residents, with many coming from countries such as the United States, Japan, and Korea.
- Family-oriented – Urdaneta Village is a family-oriented community, with many residents raising their children in the village. The community has a friendly and tight-knit atmosphere, with various activities and events organized for residents throughout the year.
Diversity and cultural composition
Urdaneta Village is a multicultural community home to a diverse group of residents, reflecting the cosmopolitan character of Makati City. The cultural composition of Urdaneta Village residents can be described as follows:
- Filipinos – Most Urdaneta Village residents are Filipinos, many coming from prominent families and holding influential positions in the government and private sector.
- Foreign residents – Urdaneta Village is also home to many foreign residents, including expatriates, diplomats, and businessmen from various countries such as the United States, Japan, Korea, and Europe.
- Multilingual community – With its diverse population, Urdaneta Village is a multilingual community where residents speak different languages, including English, Filipino, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean.
- Cosmopolitan lifestyle – The cultural diversity of Urdaneta Village is reflected in the cosmopolitan lifestyle of its residents. The village offers a range of cultural and recreational activities, including cultural festivals, international cuisine, and shopping and entertainment options.
Overall, Urdaneta Village is a melting pot of cultures and nationalities, providing residents with a unique and diverse community experience in the heart of Makati City.
Housing and architectural styles
Urdaneta Village is a private, gated community in the heart of Makati City, known for its upscale and exclusive residential properties.
- Single-family homes – Urdaneta Village primarily comprises single-family homes, ranging from bungalows to multi-story mansions. These homes are typically spacious, with large yards and gardens, providing residents with privacy and exclusivity.
- Architectural styles – The architectural styles in Urdaneta Village are diverse, with a mix of modern and traditional designs. Many homes are designed in the contemporary style, with clean lines, minimalistic details, and large windows that let in natural light. Other homes in the village have a more traditional look, with Spanish, Mediterranean, or Colonial-inspired designs.
- Private amenities – Many Urdaneta Village homes have private amenities such as swimming pools, landscaped gardens, and outdoor entertainment areas. These amenities provide residents with a luxurious and comfortable living experience.
- Green spaces – Urdaneta Village is known for its lush greenery and well-maintained landscaping. The village has several parks and playgrounds, providing residents with a peaceful and tranquil environment.
Parks and recreational facilities
Urdaneta Village is known for its well-maintained green spaces and parks, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor recreation and relaxation. Here are some of the parks and recreational facilities in Urdaneta Village:
- Urdaneta Park – This is the Village’s main park, offering residents a serene and peaceful environment. The park is well-maintained, with a manicured lawn, mature trees, and a walking path that meanders through the park. There are also benches and picnic tables, providing residents with a place to sit and relax.
- Children’s Playground – The village has a children’s playground, providing young residents with a safe and fun place to play. The playground features a variety of equipment, including swings, slides, and climbing structures.
- Basketball and Tennis Courts – Urdaneta Village has basketball and tennis courts for residents who enjoy sports. These facilities are well-maintained and are popular with residents of all ages.
- Fitness Center – Urdaneta Village has a fitness center, offering residents a range of exercise equipment and classes. The center is well-equipped and staffed by trained professionals, providing residents with a convenient and effective way to stay healthy and fit.
- Swimming Pool – Many of the homes in Urdaneta Village have private swimming pools, providing residents with a luxurious and refreshing way to cool off and relax.
Overall, Urdaneta Village has a range of parks and recreational facilities, providing residents with ample outdoor recreation and relaxation opportunities. These facilities are well-maintained and are popular with residents of all ages.
Security and safety measures
Urdaneta Village is known for its tight security measures, making it one of the safest and most secure neighborhoods in Makati City. Here are some of the security and safety measures in place in Urdaneta Village:
- Guarded gates – The village has guarded gates staffed by trained security personnel 24/7. Only residents and their authorized guests can enter the village, ensuring the community remains safe and secure.
- CCTV cameras – Urdaneta Village has a network of CCTV cameras that are strategically placed throughout the community. These cameras provide 24/7 surveillance and help to deter criminal activity.
- Regular patrols – The village has a team of security personnel who conduct regular patrols throughout the community. These patrols help identify and respond to potential security threats, ensuring the community remains safe and secure.
- Emergency response – In the event of an emergency, Urdaneta Village has a well-established emergency response system. Trained personnel are on standby to respond to emergencies and provide assistance as needed.
- Community involvement – Urdaneta Village residents are actively involved in maintaining the security and safety of their community. Community watch groups and neighborhood associations work closely with security personnel to ensure the village remains safe and secure.
Overall, Urdaneta Village has a range of security and safety measures in place, making it one of the safest and most secure neighborhoods in Makati City. These measures help to deter criminal activity and ensure that residents feel safe and protected in their community.
Community Activities and Events
Urdaneta Village is a vibrant community that offers a range of activities and events for residents to participate in. Here are some examples of community activities and events in Urdaneta Village:
- Annual Village Fiesta – The Urdaneta Village Fiesta is an annual event that celebrates the community’s culture and traditions. The event features live music, dance performances, games, and various food stalls.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – The Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is an annual event that brings the community together to kick off the holiday season. The event includes carol singing, a visit from Santa Claus, and the lighting of the community Christmas tree.
- Sports Tournaments – Urdaneta Village hosts a range of sports tournaments throughout the year, including basketball, tennis, and golf. These tournaments are a great way for residents to stay active and connect with their neighbors.
- Fitness Classes – The village offers a range of fitness classes, including yoga, Pilates, and Zumba. These classes are held in the village’s parks and sports facilities and are open to residents of all ages.
- Community Meetings – Urdaneta Village hosts regular community meetings where residents can discuss community issues and provide feedback to the village management. These meetings are a great way for residents to stay informed and involved in the community.
Overall, Urdaneta Village offers a range of community activities and events that help to foster a sense of community and belonging among residents. These events are a great way for residents to connect with their neighbors and get involved in the community.
Advantages of living in Urdaneta Village
Living in Urdaneta Village comes with several advantages, including:
- Exclusive community: Urdaneta Village is a gated community exclusive to its residents, ensuring a high level of privacy and security.
- Central location: Urdaneta Village is located in the heart of Makati City, which is known as the business and financial district of Metro Manila. This makes it an ideal location for professionals and entrepreneurs who need to be close to their workplaces.
- Accessibility: The village is easily accessible from major roads and highways, which makes commuting to other parts of Metro Manila convenient. It is also close to several public transportation options, including the MRT and bus routes.
- Amenities: Urdaneta Village has a range of amenities for its residents, including parks, playgrounds, and sports facilities. The village also has a clubhouse and a swimming pool, which can be used for events and gatherings.
- High-end properties: The properties in Urdaneta Village are known for their high-end finishes and luxurious features, making them attractive to buyers and renters looking for upscale living options.
- Safety and security: Urdaneta Village has a 24/7 security system in place, including manned guardhouses and roving patrols, ensuring its residents’ safety and security.
- Sense of community: Urdaneta Village has a tight-knit community of residents who often organize events and activities for the whole village. This creates a sense of belonging and fosters a strong community among the residents.
Disadvantages of living in Urdaneta Village
While Urdaneta Village offers several advantages, there are also some potential disadvantages of living in the community, including:
- High cost of living: The properties in Urdaneta Village are known for their high-end finishes and luxurious features, which makes them expensive to rent or purchase. The cost of living in the village may be prohibitive for some people.
- Limited housing options: Urdaneta Village is a small and exclusive community with limited housing options. This may make it difficult for prospective residents to find a property that meets their needs and preferences.
- Restrictions on property use: Urdaneta Village has strict rules and regulations governing property use and development, which may limit the options for homeowners who want to make changes or additions to their properties.
- Limited commercial activity: Urdaneta Village is primarily a residential community, meaning there are limited options for commercial activity within the village. Residents may need to travel outside of the Village for shopping, dining, and other amenities.
- Limited parking: Urdaneta Village has limited parking options, which may be an issue for residents who own multiple vehicles or frequently have visitors.
- Traffic congestion: Urdaneta Village is located in the heart of Makati City, known for its heavy traffic congestion. This may make commuting to other parts of the city or Metro Manila challenging, especially during rush hour.
Comparison with other Makati subdivisions
Urdaneta Village is just one of several exclusive subdivisions in Makati City, each with its own unique features and advantages. Here are some comparisons between Urdaneta Village and other popular Makati subdivisions:
- Forbes Park: Forbes Park is one of Makati’s most exclusive and prestigious subdivisions. It is known for its large, spacious lots and luxurious homes. Like Urdaneta Village, Forbes Park is a gated community with strict security measures. However, Forbes Park has a larger land area and a more varied landscape, with parks, lakes, and green spaces throughout the subdivision.
- Dasmariñas Village: Dasmariñas Village is another popular Makati subdivision known for its exclusive and affluent residents. It is slightly larger than Urdaneta Village, with a mix of residential and commercial areas. Dasmariñas Village has several parks and recreational facilities, including a basketball, tennis, and playground.
- San Lorenzo Village: San Lorenzo Village is a smaller and more affordable subdivision in Makati, located adjacent to Urdaneta Village. It is known for its convenient location and easy access to major business districts in Makati. San Lorenzo Village also has several amenities, including parks, playgrounds, and a community center.
- Bel-Air Village: Bel-Air Village is a more diverse and bustling subdivision in Makati, with a mix of residential, commercial, and entertainment establishments. It is located near major shopping malls, restaurants, and nightlife hotspots. Bel-Air Village also has several parks and recreational facilities, including a swimming pool, basketball court, and jogging path.
Real estate market in Urdaneta Village
Urdaneta Village is known for being one of the most exclusive and high-end residential communities in Makati City. As such, the real estate market in Urdaneta Village is generally geared towards affluent homebuyers who are looking for a luxurious and exclusive lifestyle.
The village’s prime location in the heart of Makati and its reputation for security and exclusivity have made it a desirable address for many individuals and families. Properties in Urdaneta Village are typically large, single-family homes that feature high-end finishes and luxurious amenities such as swimming pools, gardens, and private gyms.
Because of the limited supply of homes in Urdaneta Village, properties here tend to be relatively expensive compared to other areas in Makati City. Home prices in the village can range from tens to hundreds of millions of Philippine pesos, depending on the property’s size, location, and condition.
Despite the high cost of living in Urdaneta Village, the community’s reputation for exclusivity and security and its proximity to Makati’s central business district continue to make it a desirable location for affluent homebuyers. As such, the real estate market in Urdaneta Village remains strong, with demand for properties continuing to outpace supply.
Real estate companies and agents
Several real estate companies and agents specialize in buying and selling properties in Urdaneta Village.
- Ayala Land Premier – Ayala Land Premier is a subsidiary of Ayala Land, one of the largest real estate developers in the Philippines. The company offers luxury homes and condos in some of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the country, including Urdaneta Village.
- Rockwell Land Corporation – Rockwell Land is a leading developer of luxury properties in the Philippines, focusing on creating high-end communities that offer world-class amenities and services. The company has several properties in and around Makati City, including a few within Urdaneta Village.
- Philgems Realty Corp. – Philgems Realty is a real estate company specializing in luxury properties in Metro Manila, including Urdaneta Village. The company has been in the real estate industry for over two decades and has a reputation for providing personalized service and expert advice to its clients.
- Leechiu Property Consultants – Leechiu Property Consultants is a real estate brokerage firm that provides advisory and transaction services to commercial, industrial, and residential clients. The company has a team of experienced brokers and consultants who are knowledgeable about the real estate market in Urdaneta Village.
- KMC Savills – KMC Savills is a leading real estate services company in the Philippines, offering a wide range of services, including property management, valuation, and brokerage. The company has a dedicated team of brokers specializing in luxury properties in Urdaneta Village and other exclusive neighborhoods in Metro Manila.
Urdaneta Village is a premier residential subdivision in the heart of Makati City, Philippines. It offers its residents’ exclusivity, security, and privacy, which are highly sought after in a bustling city like Makati. The village is known for its beautiful and spacious homes, lush greenery, and excellent amenities that cater to the needs of its residents. With its prime location and proximity to top establishments and landmarks, Urdaneta Village is an ideal place to call home for those who value comfort, convenience, and luxury.
While Urdaneta Village is undeniably a great place to live, it may not be for everyone. The village is known for its high property prices and strict policies, which may be challenging for some. However, the benefits of living in Urdaneta Village are unparalleled for those who can afford it.
In conclusion, Urdaneta Village is a prime example of a well-planned and well-maintained residential subdivision that offers its residents the best of both worlds – a peaceful sanctuary amid a bustling city. Whether you want to buy a property or explore the village, Urdaneta Village is worth checking out.